Tuesday, April 19, 2011

About Me

My name is Donnie, and I'm a husband, father, artist, and woodturner. Over the years I've turned many different items... most of which litter the whatnot shelves, tops of entertainment centers, and other such flat surfaces in the homes of friends and family members.

Most people can appreciate just about anything that is hand crafted and if one of my creations finds a good home where it can be used, enjoyed, and shared with others, then I consider it time in the shop well spent. I turn wood for the artistic release it provides, and for the sense of accomplishment I get upon completing a piece.

I have no ambitions to write books, peddle DVDs, or have my name embossed on the handles of tools... in other words, I do this for the pleasure, and can care less about the treasure. Unfortunately, when I first started turning I didn't think about capturing my work and my progression in the craft, but now I'm making an effort to photograph and document my journey in woodturning and share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment